Thursday, October 23, 2014
Yup. Doing this again folks. A few of my print styles are in Indigo stores across Canada! A wider selection is available online but you can find a few styles in stores. (Only two were left at the Eaton Centre so I was only able to grab that one particular style in a photo) Just a personal "OMG. OMG." moment. xoxoxox
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
We love Halloween over here - although I do think that it has gotten a little gory for my tastes. Some homes I walk by and there are decapitated bodies hanging from porches and I'm like "AVERT YOUR EYES!" and do stealth moves to distract Oscar. Once I missed a house and he just stared at it, said "That's weird." and continued on - unphased. Maybe it's just me.
I hate posting after a Holiday because everyone (including myself) are just done with it, and need a break. So, on that note I'm posting a reflection of the last few years of Halloween in our house. And Oscar. O.M.G. My little sweet man. I don't think we're doing matching banana costumes again this year. I have to say, Aubrey was a good sport for letting me stick that on him.
Through the years / 2011 Halloween, 2012 Halloween, Another 2012, 2013 Halloween (Banana Year), Projects: Halloween Vase, Pipecleaner Bat
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
I've been pinning and googling my brains out for Halloween. But in all honesty - I'm not going to get much farther than buying pre-made cookies, letting the kids slap on some icing and totally unhealthy candies ontop and call it a day. BUT, if you're looking for some inspiration, seeing as I'm not going to be the one doing it this year, here are some of my favourites. Keeping it real folks. Keeping. It. Real.
Monday, October 20, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of logos or, big bears or, cartoonish figures on Oscar's clothing so over the last four years I've come to love H&M and Zara for their lines of kids clothes for boys because they aren't too cartoonish or, plastered with planes, trains and automobiles. (All of that being said, I sometimes can't resist a cute shirt that has a bear or two on it, because I mean, they are only young once, right?) I picked up this green jacket (fig. 1) last week at Zara online last week and it's perfect. Although it fits a little on the smaller side, he's 4.5 years old and the 5-6 year old one fits perfectly with no room for growth. The green is stunning, and a nice contrast to the common darker jackets on the playground.
I was in H&M a few weeks before, and picked up those suspenders (fig. 3) , and some more of those basic T's (fig. 4) that wash so well, and are ridiculously cute. (Seriously, those t's are sooooo good, he's been wearing them since he was a baby) Oscar used to have a little backpack to go to school with but we upgraded to a Herschel Supply Co. bag that I picked up at Get Outside here in Toronto, when I was shopping with a girlfriend. And slouch hats are my favourite hat for fall - Etsy has a bunch. Here are some more favourites that I've spotted for the little dudes in our lives....
Friday, October 17, 2014
Happy Friday! Some changes that are happening to this blog that will be rolling out over the next few weeks. My interests are changing and the business is growing. I'm feeling a little shift, and, a little need for change. I love structure, I'm a little OCD that way - so I like to lay things out to have a plan. Here are some of those plans, that are rolling out over the next few weeks!
- Bi-Weekly e-mails / I love to share my finds, but blog posts aren't always the right space - so bi-weekly e-mails will show you shopping finds, roundups of posts that were popular and sales, discounts and more and also links to resources for your own blogs like the best free fonts and web design software. You can sign up here.
- More "Roundup" posts - Since I'm not showing Oscar really on the blog, I've struggled with sharing kid related things (that's 99% of my life!) but without showing Oscar. It's harder than it looks. So I'm going to be embrace it and just show you roundups of things I love - because I love them and because I think you may too. So coming up as of next week I'm letting go of this stigma that I'm a "decor" blog because I'm totally not anymore, and haven't for some time.
- Sharing photos of things I love. Just because. I've refrained from doing this in the past because I feel as though it comes off as lazy blogging. But then i remember, "Hey, this is my blog. I can blog whatever!" Because that's the joy of blogging, no?
- Behind the Scenes Photos - Photos on how I do product shoots / day in the life of posts - because sometimes what I think is mundane is really quite fun.
- I'm letting go of this feeling that every blog post I put up needs thoughtful commentary to go with it. I'm running after a child, wanting to be an involved Mom and volounteer in the school, run my business and have meaningful friendships - my blog is a portion of my life. Like a sliver of it. And sometimes it's daunting to feel like I need to write a LOT. I'm letting go of that. You may get one sentence posts. I kid you not.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Blue + Green Napkin / Plaid Pillow / Purple Plaid Throw / Plaid Ribbon / Plaid Pouch / Plaid Pehr Napkin
I have a wee obsession with plaid. If it's plaid, I'll likely buy it. I finally was able to source some gorgeous plaid ribbons for the shop and my wardrobe continues to get new additions of the plaid / tartan pattern. This scarf that I purchased on Etsy last year continues to be a staple in my wardrobe during the chillier months. She seems to have expanded her collection - They are generous scarfs, without being too huge. I ordered this scarf from Zara, and although I love the pattern, oh my goodness. It's HUGE! It could be a blanket. Which is why I didn't return it, because it's kind of super comfy to wrap around your shoulders while you watch TV. ;)
Plaid Obsession Elsewhere:
My blanket from Etsy, My Brother's Living Room,